Summer should be hot, but your home doesn’t have to be. This year, don’t put up with an old air conditioning unit that can’t maintain the temperature you need. And don’t wait until your air conditioning breaks to call us. Believe us, we know how frustrating it can be to feel stuck in a home without adequate air conditioning. Beat the heat with help from Torch Service Company, Tulsa, OK’s most trusted heating and cooling contractor.
Not convinced yet? Check out our customer reviews to learn why Torch Service Company is the preferred choice.
What Are Some Easy Ways to Cut Cooling Costs?
There are plenty of steps you can take that, little by little, will shave off monthly costs. We recommend doing what you can by following these tips to conserve energy. The only thing you’ve got to lose is bills!
- Make sure your house is properly insulated.
- Replace your air filters regularly.
- Have your system inspected and tuned up at least once a year.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Try turning your unit down a few degrees (you might not even notice).
- Replace your outdated system.
- Use fans to increase airflow.
- Close your drapes on sunny days.
Before you decide to get your air conditioner replaced, try replacing your AC filter. That may be the ticket to solving your cooling problems.
Signs You Need a New AC System
Unfortunately, air conditioners do not last forever and at some point, repairs aren’t going to cut it. Some tell-tale signs that you might be in the market for a new air conditioner include if your existing unit is:
- More than 15 years old.
- Much less efficient and throwing higher utility bills.
- No longer capable of reaching a desirable temperature.
- In need of a major repair, like a new motor or compressor.
- Making abnormal sounds (possible motor issue).